- Office Location: Room 326, 534 Research Dr
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation May 2026, Duke University, NC, USA
B.S. Biophysics, Math
Advisor: Prof. Tony Jun Huang
Research Assistant, Huang Acoustofluidics Lab - Duke University (2022 - present)
· Developed a frequency-dependent multi-focal acoustic lens to regulate microfluidic particle separation.
· Applied acoustic tweezer technology to study cell-cell interactions.
· Analyzed characteristics of blood plasma with a novel acoustic picoinjector.
· Tested an acoustic centrifuge to separate exosomes from proteins in plasma, measure DNA elasticity.
· Used electrochemical techniques to detect cancerous plasma samples.
· Developed skills in fluorescent microscopy, nanoparticle tracking analysis, Raman spectroscopy.
· Served as mentor for 4 high school students to contribute to daily wet lab projects.
Researcher & Astrophotographer, Astronomy Society of Fulton Science Academy (2022 - present)
· Team supervisor designing a deep sky analysis telescope CubeSat satellite to send into orbit.
· Developed high-altitude balloon system to image Earth’s curvature and take atmospheric measurements.
· Managed $50k+ funds for deep sky telescopes (manufactured and self-built) and permanent observatory.
· Evoked community interest through public outreach events in North Atlanta area.
Researcher & Vaccine Advocate & Club President of GIDAS, miRcore Volunteer Program (2020 - 2022)
· Analyzed patient genetic info to understand role of cytokine storms in COVID-19 immune response.
· Developed and distributed COVID-19 awareness materials to spread community knowledge.
· Taught genetic principles to high school students through Education Committee.
· Instructed gene research at own school’s GIDAS (Genes in Diseases and Symptoms) Club.
(* corresponding author)
1. Jain, S. “Role of interleukin-17 signaling pathway in the interaction between multiple sclerosis and acute myocardial infarction.” Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders 58 (February 2022): 103515