- Email Address: email@example.com
2019.09-Now Pratt School of Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC
2016.07-2019.08 Research Associate Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
2014.07-2016.06 Postdoctoral Scholar Department of Chemistry, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA
2009.09-2014.06 Ph.D. Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Acoustofluidics; Microfluidics; Lab on a Chip; Chemical Engineering; Liquid Biopsy
1. Nanjing Hao and John X. J. Zhang, Magnetic Nanomaterials for Circulating Tumor Biomarkers Screening: Rational Design, Microfluidics Integration and Applications. Biomicrofluidics, 2019, doi: 10.1063/1.5119052.
2. Nanjing Hao, Zhe Xu, Yuan Nie, Congran Jin, and John X. J. Zhang, Microfluidics-enabled rational design of ZnO micro-/nanoparticles with enhanced photocatalysis, cytotoxicity, and piezoelectric properties. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2019, 378, 122222.
3. Nanjing Hao, Yuan Nie, and John X. J. Zhang, Microfluidics for Silica Biomaterials Synthesis: Opportunities and Challenges, Biomaterials Science, 2019, 7, 2218-2240.
4. Nanjing Hao, Yuan Nie, Zhe Xu, Andrew B. Closson, Thomas Usherwood, and John X. J. Zhang, Microfluidic continuous flow synthesis of functional hollow spherical silica with hierarchical sponge-like large porous shell. Chemical Engineering Journal,2019, 366, 433-438.
5. Nanjing Hao, Yuan Nie, Zhe Xu, and John X. J. Zhang, Ultrafast microfluidic synthesis of hierarchical triangular silver core-silica shell nanoplatelet toward enhanced cellular internalization. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science,2019, 542, 370-378.
6. Nanjing Hao, Yuan Nie, Andrew B. Closson, and John X. J. Zhang, Microfluidic synthesis and on-chip enrichment application of two-dimensional hollow sandwich-like mesoporous silica nanosheet with water ripple-like surface. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2019, 539, 87-94.
7. Nanjing Hao, Yuan Nie, Amogha Tadimety, Ting Shen, and John X. J. Zhang, Microfluidics-enabled rapid manufacturing of hierarchical silica-magnetic microflower toward enhanced circulating tumor cells screening. Biomaterials Science, 2018, 6, 3121-3125.
8. Nanjing Hao, Yuan Nie, Ting Shen, and John X. J. Zhang, Microfluidics-enabled rational design of immunomagnetic nanomaterial and its shape effect in liquid biopsy. Lab on a Chip, 2018, 18, 1997-2002.
9. Nanjing Hao, Yuan Nie, and John X. J. Zhang, Microfluidic Synthesis of Functional Inorganic Micro-/Nanoparticles and Applications in Biomedical Engineering. International Materials Review, 2018, 63, 461-487.
10. Nanjing Hao, Yuan Nie, and John X. J. Zhang, Microfluidic flow synthesis of functional mesoporous silica nanofibers with tunable aspect ratios. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2018, 6, 1522–1526.
11. Nanjing Hao, Yuan Nie, and John X. J. Zhang, Biomimetic Hierarchical Walnut Kernel-like and Erythrocyte-like Mesoporous Silica Nanomaterials: Controllable Synthesis and Versatile Applications. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2018, 216, 144-149.
12. Yuan Nie (#), Nanjing Hao(#Equal Contribution), and John X. J. Zhang, Ultrafast Synthesis of Multifunctional Submicrometer-scale Hollow Mesoporous Silica Spheres in Microfluidic Spiral Channels. Scientific Reports, 2017, 7, 12616.
13. Nanjing Hao, Yuan Nie, Amogha Tadimety, Andrew B. Closson, and John X. J. Zhang, Microfluidics-mediated self-template synthesis of anisotropic hollow ellipsoidal mesoporous silica nanomaterials. Materials Research Letters, 2017, 5, 584-590.
14. Nanjing Hao and John X. J. Zhang, Microfluidic Screening of Circulating Tumor Biomarkers towards Liquid Biopsy. Separation & Purification Review, 2018, 47, 19-48.
15. Nanjing Hao, Hamid T. Chorsi, and John X. J. Zhang, Hierarchical Lotus Leaf-like Mesoporous Silica Material with Unique Bilayer and Hollow Sandwich-like Folds: Synthesis, Mechanism, and Applications. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2017, 5, 2044–2049.
16. Nanjing Hao, Laifeng Li, and Fangqiong Tang, Roles of particle size, shape, and surface chemistry of mesoporous silica nanomaterials on biological systems. International Materials Review, 2017, 62, 57-77.
17. Nanjing Hao, Laifeng Li, and Fangqiong Tang, Facile and tunable synthesis of hierarchical mesoporous silica materials ranging from flower structure with wrinkled edges to hollow structure with coarse surface. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2016, 18, 321.
18. Nanjing Hao, Xuan Chen, Kalana W. Jayawardana, Bin Wu, Madanodaya Sundhoro, Mingdi Yan, Shape Control of Mesoporous Silica Nanomaterials Templated with Dual Cationic Surfactants and Their Antibacterial Activities. Biomaterials Science, 2016, 4, 87-91.
19. Nanjing Hao, Laifeng Li, and Fangqiong Tang, Shape matters when engineering mesoporous silica-based nanomedicines. Biomaterials Science, 2016, 4, 575-591.
20. Nanjing Hao, Xuan Chen, Seaho Jeon, Mingdi Yan, Carbohydrate-Conjugated Hollow Oblate Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles as Nanoantibiotics to Target Mycobacteria. Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2015, 4, 2797-2801.
21. Nanjing Hao, Kitjanit Neranon, Olof Ramström, Mingdi Yan, Glyconanomaterials for Biosensing Applications. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2016, 76, 113-130.
22. Nanjing Hao, Kalana W. Jayawardana, Xuan Chen, Mingdi Yan, One-Step Synthesis of Amine-Functionalized Hollow Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles as Efficient Antibacterial and Anticancer Materials. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2015, 7, 1040-1045.
23. Nanjing Hao, Fangqiong Tang, Laifeng Li, MCM-41 Mesoporous Silica Sheet with Ordered Perpendicular Nanochannels for Protein Delivery and the Assembly of Ag Nanoparticles in Catalytic Applications. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2015, 218, 223-227.
24. Nanjing Hao, Huihui Yang, Laifeng Li, Linlin Li, Fangqiong Tang. The effect of serum proteins and the shapes of mesoporous silica nanoparticles on intracellular reactive oxygen species of A375 cells. New Journal of Chemistry, 2014, 38, 4258-4266.
25. Nanjing Hao, Laifeng Li, Fangqiong Tang. Shape-mediated biological effects of mesoporous silica nanoparticles. 2014, Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology,2014, 10, 2508-2538.
26. Nanjing Hao, Laifeng Li, Fangqiong Tang, Facile Preparation of Ellipsoid-like MCM-41 with Parallel Channels along the Short Axis for Drug Delivery and Assembly of Ag Nanoparticles for Catalysis. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2014, 2, 11565-11568.
27. Nanjing Hao, Linlin Li, Qiang Zhang, Xinglu Huang, Xianwei Meng, Yanqi Zhang, Dong Chen, Fangqiong Tang, Laifeng Li. The shape effect of PEGylated mesoporous silica nanoparticles on cellular uptake pathway in Hela cells. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2012, 162, 14-23.
28. Nanjing Hao, Huiyu Liu, Linlin Li, Dong Chen, Laifeng Li, and Fangqiong Tang. In vitro degradation behavior of silica nanoparticles under physiological conditions. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2012, 12, 6346-6354.
29. Zhe Xu, Yin Liu, Lin Dong, Andrew Closson, Nanjing Hao, Meagan Oglesby, G. Patricia Escobar, Sidan Fu, Xiaomin Han, Chunsheng Wen, Jifeng Liu, Marc Feldman, Zi Chen, John X.J. Zhang. Tunable Buckled Beams with Mesoporous PVDF-TrFE/SWCNT Composite Film for Energy Harvesting. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2018, 10, 33516–33522.
30. Xuan Chen, Bin Wu, Kalana W Jayawardana, Nanjing Hao, H Surangi N Jayawardena, Robert Langer, Ana Jaklenec, Mingdi Yan. Magnetic Multivalent Trehalose Glycopolymer Nanoparticles for the Detection of Mycobacteria. Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2016, 5, 2007-2012.
31. Juan Zhou, Kalana W Jayawardana, Na Kong, Yansong Ren, Nanjing Hao, Mingdi Yan, Olof Ramstrom, Trehalose-Conjugated, Photofunctionalized Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles for Efficient Delivery of Isoniazid into Mycobacteria. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 2015, 1, 1250-1255.
32. Juan Zhou, Nanjing Hao, Thareendra De Zoyza, Mingdi Yan, Olof Ramström. Lectin-gated, mesoporous, photofunctionalized glyconanoparticles for glutathione-responsive drug delivery. Chemical Communications, 2015, 51, 9833-9836.
33. Xuandong Wang, Huiyu Liu, Dong Chen, Xianwei Meng, Tianlong Liu, Changhui Fu, Nanjing Hao, Yanqi Zhang, Xiaoli Wu, Jun Ren, Fangqiong Tang. Multifunctional Fe3O4@P(St/MAA)@chitosan@Au core/shell nanoparticles for dual imaging and photothermal therapy. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2013, 5, 4966-4971.
34. Linlin Li, Xinglu Huang, Tianlong Liu, Huiyu Liu, Nanjing Hao, Dong Chen, Yanqi Zhang, Laifeng Li, Fangqiong Tang.Overcoming Multidrug Resistance with Mesoporous Silica Nanorods as Nanocarrier of Doxorubicin. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2012, 12, 4458-4466.
35. Huiyu Liu, Tianlong Liu, Linlin Li, Nanjing Hao, Longfei Tan, Xianwei Meng, Jun Ren, Dong Chen and Fangqiong Tang. Size dependent cellular uptake, in vivo fate and light-heat conversion efficiency of gold nanoshells on silica nanorattles. Nanoscale, 2012, 4, 3523-3529.
36. Fuping Gao, Linlin Li, Tianlong Liu, Nanjing Hao, Huiyu Liu, Longfei Tan, Hongbo Li, Xinglu Huang, Bo Peng, Chuanmiao Yan, Liuqing Yang, Xiaoli Wu, Dong Chen, Fangqiong Tang. Doxorubicin loaded silica nanorattle actively homing to tumor with improved anti-tumor effect. Nanoscale, 2012, 4, 3365-3372.
37. Linlin Li, Yanqi Zhang, Nanjing Hao, Dong Chen, Fangqiong Tang. Fabrication of PLGA coated silica nanorattle for controlling the drug release behavior. Chinese Science Bulletin, 2012, 57, 3631-3638.
38. Linlin Li, Yunqian Guan, Huiyu Liu, Nanjing Hao, Tianlong Liu, Xianwei Meng, Changhui Fu, Yanzhen Li, Qiulian Qu, Yingge Zhang, Shangyi Ji, Ling Chen, Dong Chen, and Fangqiong Tang. Silica Nanorattle–Doxorubicin-Anchored Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Tumor-Tropic Therapy. ACS Nano, 2011, 5, 7462–7470.
39. Xinglu Huang, Linlin Li, Tianlong Liu, Nanjing Hao, Huiyu Liu, Dong Chen, and Fangqiong Tang. The Shape Effect of Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles on Biodistribution, Clearance, and Biocompatibility in Vivo. ACS Nano, 2011, 5, 5390–5399.
40. Linlin Li, Fangqiong Tang, Huiyu Liu, Tianlong Liu, Nanjing Hao, Dong Chen, Xu Teng, and Junqi He. In Vivo Delivery of Silica Nanorattle Encapsulated Docetaxel for Liver Cancer Therapy with Low Toxicity and High Efficacy. ACS Nano, 2010, 4, 6874–6882.