- Office Location: LSRC-B342E
- Email Address: Geonsoo.firstname.lastname@example.org
Aug. 2017 - Present, Duke University, NC, USA
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and Material Science
Advisor: Prof. Tony Jun Huang
Sep. 2015 - Jan. 2017, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
(incomplete, transferred to Duke University)
Mar. 2012 - Aug. 2014, Korea University, Korea
M.S. in Electronics and Information Engineering
Dissertation: High-throughput cell monitoring technique using lens-free CMOS image sensor
Advisor: Prof. Sungkyu Seo
Mar. 2005 - Feb. 2012, Korea University, Korea
B.S. in Electronics and Information Engineering
· Nano Optics & Bio Photonics (Device Fabrication, Optics Experiment, and Image Processing)
· Nano-Bio Sensor Design, Fabrication and Analysis (Optical Lithography / Bio Chip Fabrication)
· Human Cell Experiment (Cancer Toxicity / RBC & WBC Analysis)
Teaching/ Work Experience:
Sep. 2014 – Feb. 2015, Lecturer
Lecture on Electric Circuit Laboratory
Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Korea University, Korea
Awards and Honors:
· EECS Departmental Fellowship, University of California, Irvine, USA (Sep. 2015)
· Graduate Research Fellowship, Korea University, Korea (Aug. 2014)
· Honors Scholarships, Korea University, Korea (Spring 2010, Spring 2011, Fall 2011)
· Science and Engineering National Scholarship, Korea Student Aid Foundation, Korea (May 2010)
G. Jin, M. Roy, J.-H. Pan,D. Seo, Y. Hwang, S. Oh, M. Lee, Y.J. Kim, and S. Seo, ‘Staining-free cell viability measurement technique using lens-free shadow imaging platform’, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 224, pp. 577-583 (2016).
M. Roy, G. Jin, D. Seo, M.-H. Nam, and S. Seo, ‘A simple and low-cost device performing blood cell counting based on lens-free shadow imaging technique’, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 201, pp. 321-328 (2014).
H.S. Jeong, E.K Jang, G. Jin, S. Seo, and S.P. Pack, ‘High-throughput diatom counting method based on lens-freeshadow image analysis’, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 193, pp. 864-868 (2013).
G. Jin, I.-H. Yoo, S.P. Pack, J.-W. Yang, U.-H. Ha, S.-H. Paek, and S. Seo, ‘Lensfree Shadow Image based High-Throughput Continuous Cell Monitoring Technique’, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 38(1), pp. 126-131 (2012).