Post Doctoral Fellow
- Office Phone: 814-409-8051
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. in Engineering Science and Mechanics at The Pennsylvania State University, USA, 2016
- M.S. in Materials Science at The Pennsylvania State University, USA, 2011
- BSc in Physics, Karadeniz Technical University, Turkey, 2006
- Micro / Nano Fabrication
- Thin films
- Teaching Assistant, MATSE 201, Introduction to Materials Science, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University. (08/2011-12/2011)
- Research assistant in Engineering Science and Mechanics at The Pennsylvania State University, USA, (2015-2016)
- Multi University Research Initiative (MURI) research on Microbolometers in the Materials Secience & Eng at Penn State (2009-2012)
- Research assistant in Physics Department at Recep Tayyip Erdogan University, Turkey, (2007-2008)
- Erasmus exchange student, Ghent University, Belgium (2005-2006)
Awards and Honors:
- First place award at Graduate Research Symposium (ESM Today), Pennsylvania State University, 2016.
- Turkish Ministry of Education abroad study scholarship (2008-2015)
- Chemical and Biological Microsystems Society Travel Award (2014)
- Socrates\Erasmus European Union Exchange Student Fellowship (2005)
- Daniel Ahmed,* Adem Ozcelik,* Nagagireesh Bojanala, Nitesh Nama, Awani Upadhyay, Yuchao Chen, Wendy Hanna-Rose, and Tony Jun Huang, Rotational manipulation of single microparticles, cells, and organisms using acoustic waves, Nature Communications, Vol. 7, pp. 11085, 2016. (*equal contribution)
- Murat Kaynak, Adem Ozcelik, Amir Nourhani, Nitesh Nama, Paul E. Lammert, Vincent H. Crespi, and Tony Jun Huang, Acoustofluidic Actuation of In Situ Fabricated Microrotors, To be submitted to Lab on Chip
- Adem Ozcelik, Nitesh Nama, Po-Hsun Huang, Murat Kaynak, Wendy Hanna-Rose, and Tony Jun Huang, Acoustofluidic rotational manipulation using oscillating solid structures, To be submitted to Small
- Feng Guo, Yuliang Xie, Sixing Li, James Lata, Liqiang Ren, Zhangming Mao, Baiyang Ren, Mengxi Wu, Adem Ozcelik, and Tony Jun Huang, Reusable acoustic tweezers for disposable devices, Lab on a Chip, accepted, 2015. DOI: 10.1039/C5LC01049G
- Ahmad Ahsan Nawaz, Yucaho Chen, Nitesh Nama, Ruth Nissly, Liqiang Ren, Adem Ozcelik, Lin Wang, J. Phillip McCoy, Stewart J. Levine, and Tony Jun Huang, An Acoustofluidic Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorter, Analytical Chemistry, accepted, 2015. DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.5b02398
- Daniel Ahmed, Xiaolei Peng, Adem Ozcelik, Yuebing Zheng, Tony Jun Huang, Acousto-Plasmofluidics: Acoustic Modulation of Surface Plasmon Resonance in Microfluidic Systems, AIP Advances, 5 (9), 097161, 2015.
- Adem Ozcelik, Daniel Ahmed, Yuliang Xie, Nitesh Nama, Zhiguo Qu, Ahmad Ahsan Nawaz, Tony Jun Huang, An acoustofluidic micromixer via bubble inception and cavitation from microchannel sidewalls, , Analytical Chemistry, 86 (10), 5083-5088, 2014
- Daniel Ahmed, Hari S Muddana, Mengqian Lu, Jarrod B French, Adem Ozcelik, Ye Fang, Peter J Butler, Stephen J Benkovic, Andreas Manz, Tony Jun Huang, Acoustofluidic Chemical Waveform Generator and Switch, Analytical Chemistry, 86 (23), 11803-11810, 2014
- Yao Jin, Adem Ozcelik, Mark W. Horn, Thomas N. Jackson, Potential for reactive pulsed-dc magnetron sputtering of nanocomposite VOx microbolometer thin films, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A, 32, 061501, 2014
- Adem Ozcelik, Orlando Cabarcos, David L. Allara, Mark W. Horn, Vanadium Oxide Thin Films Alloyed with Ti, Zr, Nb, and Mo for Uncooled Infrared Imaging Applications, Journal of Electronic Materials, 42 (5), 901-905, 2013
- Yao Jin, Hitesh A Basantani, Adem Ozcelik, Tom N Jackson, Mark W Horn, High-resistivity and high-TCR vanadium oxide thin films for infrared imaging prepared by bias target ion-beam deposition, Proc. SPIE 8704, 87043C, 2013
- E Bacaksiz, S Aksu, N Ozer, M Tomakin, A Özçelik, The influence of substrate temperature on the morphology, optical and electrical properties of thermal-evaporated ZnTe Thin Films, Applied Surface Science 256 (5), 1566-1572, 2009
- E Bacaksiz, M Parlak, M Tomakin, A Özçelik, M Karakız, M Altunbaş, The effects of zinc nitrate, zinc acetate and zinc chloride precursors on investigation of structural and optical properties of ZnO thin films, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 466 (1), 447-450, 2008
Conference Proceedings and Presentations:
- Adem Ozcelik, Yuliang Xie, Ahmad Ahsan Nawaz, Tony Jun Huang, Fast and Effective Mixing of High Viscosity Liquids via Acoustofluidic Bubble Cavitations, BMES 2014, October 22-25, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 2014.
- Adem Ozcelik, Daniel Ahmed, Nitesh Nama and Tony Jun Huang, Rapid Mixing of High Viscosity Fluids via Bubble Cavitation from Microchannel Sidewalls, the 18th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences, October 26-30, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 2014.
- A. Ozcelik, O. Cabarcos, D. L. Allara, M. W. Horn, Effect of Transition Metals Co-sputtered with VOx for Use in Uncooled Infrared Imaging; 54th Annual Electronic Materials Conference (EMC 2012), June 20-22, 2012, State College, PA, USA
- A. Özcelik, C. Van Bockstael, C. Detavernier, R. Vanmeirhaeghe, The Stress Analysis of W and Mo Films on Si(100) Substrate During The Silicide Formation, Fourth International Student Conference Of The Balkan Physical Union, 29 August – 1 September 2006, Bodrum - Türkiye.
- A. Özcelik, C. Van Bockstael, C. Detavernier, R. Vanmeirhaeghe, Fundamentals of the Intrinsic Stress during Silicide Formation, 6th International Conference of the Balkan Physical Union, August 22-26, 2006 – İstanbul, TURKEY
- I. Polat, A. Özçelik, E. Bacaksız ve M. Altunbaş. Düşük Altlık Sıcaklığında (-73 °C) Üretilen CdTe İnce Filmlerinde CdCl2/Tavlamasının Kristalyapı Dönüşümüne Etkisi, Turkish Physical Society 24th International Physics Congress, August 28-31, 2007, Malatya, Turkey
- A. Özçelik, N. Damla, S. Çelebi, Importance of Solar Electricity for Energy Demand in Turkey, IVth Int. Conference and Festival of Physics Students 2005, İzmir, TURKEY
- Adem Ozcelik, Charlotte Van Bockstael, Christophe Detavernier, Roland Vanmeirhaeghe, Fundamentals of intrinsic stress during silicide formation, AIP Conference Proceedings, Volume 899, 2007